The right candidate must be able to work Mornings and Afternoons!
This position is primarily working on our afternoon shift when we have an afternoon shift.
Mayne Inc., a manufacturer, soon to be extruder of aluminum siding products for commercial and residential buildings is relocating from a 34,000 square feet facility in Langley to a state of the art building of about 350,000 square feet in Abbotsford off Clearbrook road, south of high way 1.
As a result, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Lead Hand to join our team.
As Lead hand you will be responsible for leading and working with the employees in the pre-treatment, hanging, painting and bar unloading department to foster a culture of team work and performance.
Why join the Mayne team
We are a privately owned, family friendly, innovative, fun and rapidly growing company with hard working team members, we work hard and have fun while doing so.
Our total compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting wage
- Health Spending Account
- Quarterly paid bonus
- Paid vacation
- Room for Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Events
- Oversee the production schedule for pre-treatment and painting, which includes communicating with the production supervisor daily as needed
- Communicate throughout the day with the painter to ensure correct orders are being processed
- Communicate with Bar offload personnel to ensure scheduled plan is being adhered to.
- Ensure the procedures and quality of packaging are being met
- Do chemical tests three times per shift on pre-treatment tanks. Advise on tank cleaning as necessary
- Pre-pick and prepare all material for upcoming orders based on priorities
- Maintain excellent housekeeping standards throughout the department. This includes but is not limited to empty garbage cans, scrap product disposal, tool organization and removal of safety hazards.
- Complete production KPI daily (snap shot to be handed in at shifts end)
- Ensure the correct procedures are being followed for all pre-treatment, painting and packaging
- Oversee the quality inspection at painting and pre-packaging. Ensure the production supervisor is aware of all defects and remakes necessary.
- Oversee the necessity to process remakes from both the paint booth and hanger bar offload team. Ensure they are completed.
- Other duties/projects as require
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years’ Manufacturing experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a leadership position
If you are interested in this position, please reply to this ad by submitting your resume and cover letter.
We thank you all for your interest in Mayne Inc. however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Production: 3 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
- Langley, BC (Preferred)