Mayne Inc., a manufacturer, soon to be extruder of aluminum siding products for commercial and residential buildings is relocating from a 34,000 square feet facility in Langley to a state of the art building of about 350,000 square feet in Abbotsford off Clearbrook road, south of high way 1. Relocation Available.
As a result, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Lead Die Corrector to join our team.
The Lead Die Corrector will be primarily responsible for quality, efficient and effective control of the die shop to maximize utilization of the extrusion line. This includes but is not limited to; ensuring the effective organization of dies from ordering, design, testing, correction and maintenance. You will be working with the extrusion team to organize work constraints, make appropriate decisions to maintain production throughput with the highest potential with dies.
Additionally, you will ensure the timely, effective and efficient detailed completion of work on time with production schedule as well as assisting to exploit the constraint of the press while maintaining quality and cost control.
- Comply to company health and safety policies/procedures
- Oversee the die ordering approval process, design and data base
- Inspect, store and test incoming dies
- Ensure daily production dies are tested corrected and available on time
- Maintain tooling and make recommendations to minimize tool stack
- Provide constructive feedback to suppliers to solve issues with dies
- Maintain tooling and dies database, nitriding schedules
- Ensure all quality tests for dies and material during the extrusion process are in tolerance
- Assist in hiring, mentoring and coaching an apprentice die corrector as required
- Effectively manage the die process from ordering to production in all aspects of die control.
- Work effectively with the production team, assist them as required to successfully manage production schedule
- Assist in scheduling work on die heating, correction, caustic, wet blast and nitriding
- Other duties/projects as required
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years as lead die corrector
- Grade 12 high school or equivalent
- Familiar in LO/TO PPE and safety policies
- Machinist experience lathe and Milling machine
- Extrusion ERP software knowledge an asset (i.e. Epics)
- Understanding of metallurgy and nitriding process
- Core knowledge in die shop equipment, Caustic & Wet blasting
Why join our team
- Family friendly, fun and challenging work environment
- Relocation available
- Competitive starting wages
- profit share paid quarterly
- Boot allowance
- 1-4% RRSP matching
- Health Care Spending Account
- Internal advancement opportunities
- Annual employee events
We are a privately owned company! What makes Mayne a great company are the highly motivated team members who work here. We are a fast paced, innovative, family friendly work environment, with hardworking, ordinary people on an extraordinary journey. We love to see team members succeed and all work together to meet company goals.
If you are interested in joining our team please reply to this job posting with your resume and cover letter. Feel free to contact HR at 604 607 6630 if you have any questions or concerns about this position
Job Type: Full-time
- die correcting: 1 year (Preferred)
- aluminum extrution: 1 year (Preferred)