The Extrusion Manager is primarily responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the extrusion line. They are responsible for maintaining the efficiency of the extrusion line while ensuring the quality of extruded material meet specifications, employees are safe at all times, KPI’s are tracked and meet, jobs are completed within the specified dateline and work with the extrusion team to organize work constraints and make appropriate decisions to maintain production throughput to its highest potential.
- Provide positive leadership and motivate employees to achieve departmental objectives and high-quality production.
- Oversee the die ordering approval process, design and data base
- Work closely with QA manager to effectively track and reduce waste NCRs
- Work in collaboration with the process improvement team to reduce NCRs and find effective CARs for defects
- Resolves operational and production issues to ensure minimum cost, prevent operational delays and find continuous operational improvements
- Efficiently monitor all extrusion procedures to ensure that they are carried out and are effective at reducing scrap
- Ensure all production reports, schedules, relevant information and system requirements are completed daily and are accurate.
- Review and plan manpower requirements to meet operational needs in collaboration with Human Resources and the Plant Manager
- Actively participate in coaching, training and cross training employees as required to successfully run the extrusion line
- Ensure that all employees adhere to company safety rules/policies.
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures, including quality and health and safety.
- Collect production data, review and monitor to reduce scrap
- Maintain a first class clean and safe work environment and positive culture
- Lead the creation/update of OIs, SOPs for all extrusion processes
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years as an Aluminum Extrusion Manager
- Grade 12 high school or equivalent
- Familiar in LO/TO PPE and safety policies such as Dupont STOP program or similar
- Read and write English
- Highly competent in TOC, LEAN, 5s and manufacturing techniques
- Extrusion ERP software knowledge an asset (i.e. Epics)
- Understanding of metallurgy, aging and nitriding process
- Proven Leadership and coaching training
- Follow ICC quality management system standards
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Familiar with powder coating process an asset
- Attended ET12 conferences or equivalent training in Aluminum Extrusion
- Proven track record in planning, organizing, motivating, controlling, problem-solving, negotiating and leadership in an aluminum extrusion facility.
How to apply
This position will appeal to someone who has a passion for operations, enjoys problem solving and is result oriented.
If you or someone you know is interested in this role, please forward your resume to [email protected] stating Extrusion Manager in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mayne Inc, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.